Wednesday 4 June 2014

Frontier - New Wave Craft Lager

Okay, in my last post you know how I mentioned that I forced myself past the wicked cool labeled beer and picked up a nice traditional, pretty plain looking one??.... Well this time I was utterly, completely, unapologeticly drawn in by the alcoholic "cover art", which you can see for yourself in the accompanying picture (and by checking out our instagram)
Unfortunately, and believe me I hate to say it, the bottle design may have been the best thing about the beer. I am loathed to say it but I was pretty massively underwhelmed. If I was to provide an analogy, which I'm sure you all want me to do, I'd equate it to sitting under an apple tree waiting for an apple to fall into your hand, and having an onion land in your lap.
The bottle sells by saying that the "combination of new world hops deliver citrus and spicy notes to reward your thirst for exploration". Perhaps I'm just lacking in a sense of exploration, because I found the taste pretty tame. There was a certain zestfulness, but this was only noticeable when you really payed attention to the taste. The only plus points I can give it (other than the afor-fawned-over label) are that a) it was certainly refreshing and b) when popping the cap off the bottle, it definitely smells amazing. However, at least from my own point of view, the delicious scent is a harbinger of disappointment.
I therefore give it my lowest score yet, and match my colleague's previous score of 3/10.

Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment