Saturday 22 March 2014

Pistonhead Kustom Lager

Okay, so here we are with the first beer! Pistonhead Kustom Lager is brewed by the Brutal Brewing company in Sweden, so like all awesome things we're starting with a Viking. 
The website brutalbrewing.com describes this beer as having "A very rich malty flavor with balanced and marked bitterness." which is certainly true. I personally definitely enjoyed this beer, not to mention its sweet label design. When wandering through the beer section in the supermarket I found myself transfixed by all the pretty labels, but this one was just cool enough to tip the balance. 
The malty flavour was very clear, not to mention delicious, however the only possible drawback was the bitterness. For me the perfect pinnacle of  beer needs to be something which you could happily drink a gallon of just due to its easy flavour. While tasty, I'd definitely leave a beat between bottles of Kustom. That being said it most certainly won't be my last Pistonhead!
All things concidered, I give it a solid 7/10
Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment